Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Foreboding Ducklings

Before your eyes is my first blog post full of wonderful text. I am sure you magnificent viewers are very excited to read this. Let us begin. To demonstrate my knowledge about posting format, I am going to type a short, but efficient, paragraph, full of voice, about ducks. (Yes, you read that correctly, ducks.)

Ducks
Now ducks are ominous creatures, I kid you not. According to About.com,
It is a myth that a duck's quack won't echo. This has been conclusively disproved through different scientific acoustic tests, and was even featured as "busted" on an episode of the Discovery Channel show Mythbusters.
 How odd! The supposedly busted myth of a duck's quack not echoing is fairly strange in itself. Does it not make you wonder where and why the myth began in the first place and why the myth was passed around so much before it was busted? Even our ancestors believed there was a boding evil surrounding ducks. One might wonder, what is the significance of a duck's quack not echoing, when in all actuality, it does? Well, to further explain the ominously of ducks: did you know fare readers, that ducks have three eyelids? Three, I tell you! Yes, I am sure you are surprised as well. The eyelid fact makes me think of a possible duck-monster which could be incorporated into the movie, Monsters Inc. (Photo featured below.)

(Photo Credit: Ecletech)

Awkwardly, I have only provided two facts about ducks, but are these facts providing enough information to become weary of ducklings, if you are not already? If I were you, who I most certainly am not, I would need more information to become seriously weary of ducks; however, the featured duckling above only helps to prove my case. The duckling has unusual, fluffy dog-like ears, bizarre, wide and lightly colored eyes, atypical, sharp and ragged teeth, and certainly strange, legs and feet which are at least the same length as the duck's body.
To conclude this first posting, duck story adventure: duck are ominous and foreboding. Be warned.

Farewell magnificent readers, be sure those ominous, lidded quackers don't cluck their ways into your hearts, for if they do, what is lurking up their sleeves may be too much for one to handle.

(Disclaimer: I mean no ill will towards ducks or any other creature related to the duckling family. Moreover, I also mean no ill will towards anyone or thing who views ducks in high regard.) (Ha! Truthfully, I do not necessarily care for ducks one way or another.)

4 comments:

  1. I think all of your information was great. It still surprises be that ducks have three eyelids! I mean like "Wow!". That is just crazy. I my self do remember watching that on Mythbusters it was very interesting. After reading the blog, I can't help but to think of this video of a duckling chasing its owner. It is one of my favorite videos.

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWgbmgIzoT8

    Very adorable video.
    -Kevmack13

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I know what you mean, I wasn't aware ducks had three eye lids before I began writing.

      Aww! The "Duck Run" video is adorable and the little duckling is so cute. Thanks for leaving a link! :D The video reminded me of another duckling video, but I couldn't find it, so here's a link to a video that's also very cute. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-BN57y0puc&feature=related

      Delete
  2. *sigh* Looks like we have another quack on our hands. Pretty amusing, now if you don't mind, I think I'm gonna duck out of here...... yeah, I think that's the only two puns I've got. 3 eyelids though? That's really creepy considering it means that only one eye has an extra lid.

    -Sunter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've presented very fitting puns, thanks! Oh, then maybe I typed it incorrectly, I meant that each eye has three eyelids, an upper, lower and 'inner' eyelide (to the side of the eye), so technically there's a total of six eyelids. That's still very strange to me, though.

      Delete